Are you tired of all the sugary sweets from the holidays? Maybe you want a little something-something that’s satisfying but not so full of sugar. Here’s a great recipe that fits the bill.
A Healthy Snack Idea
This RESTART® friendly recipe created by RESTART® instructor, Heather Fischer-Page of Healthy Decadence, will not only help with sugar cravings, but also provide good fats and minerals for energy regulation. So, if you are looking for a treat to share at holiday parties or just a special treat for yourself without the sugar crash, these Coconut Snowballs are a great go-to recipe. They are made with coconut butter, coconut oil, crispy almonds, raw cacao and a hint of vanilla and cinnamon, and these snowballs not only look fancy, but also taste great. Enjoy!
From the kitchen of Heather Page, Healthy Decadence
Makes 15-18 1 1/2 inch bites
3/4 c. raw or crispy almonds (soaked and dried in a dehydrator)
3/4 c. coconut butter
2 T. coconut oil, melted
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/8 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. salt
2 T. raw cacao nibs
1/2 c. organic dried coconut flakes
1. Process coconut flakes in food processor until coarsely chopped (about 5-10 seconds). Set aside in a small bowl.
2. Place almonds in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, with no large pieces, about 20-40 pulses).
3. Add coconut butter, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and mix until incorporated.
4. Add cacao nibs and pulse about 5-10 times to mix in.
5. Roll mixture into 1 1/2″ balls and then roll in coconut flakes. Can be served immediately or chilled in refrigerator in an air tight container.
For more RESTART® friendly recipes from Heather, check out her roast chicken, holiday spice coffee, egg roll in a bowl, carrot soup and bone broth recipes at Healthy Decadence.